Friday, November 14, 2008

Democracy

Has anyone seen what has been going on after the Election? I am not talking about the whole "Yes we can" Hitler chanting, what I am talking about is the whole "Prop 8 passed and we need to overturn it" sorta thing. It seems there are too many fine lines here, say one thing it's hate speech, do another and your a Bigot. Marriage is a religious institution ordained by God. Why do they even want to get married if they are not religious? Attacks on the church, white powder filled envelopes sent to the SLC and LA Temples already, it seems to me what we have here is a group of terrorists. Trying to strike fear into people who are doing the right thing. Posting their Blogs with peoples names and address who have donated money to pass prop 8, with the words, you know what to do. Who do these people think they are? These "No on prop 8" people lost and just like a child is kicking and pounding on the ground to get as much attention as they can, but to no avail. I know people have rights, and I have those same rights, but why when you can call me names and threaten me or my beliefs, when I try to do the same to you, is it called hate speech? Shouldn't it all be considered hate speech? Don't we have freedom of Religion?

President Bush tonight promoted religious freedom in his speech at a UN gathering.
"Freedom is God's gift to every man, woman and child--and that freedom includes the right of all people to worship as they see fit....we're not afraid to stand with religious dissidents and believers who practice their faith even where it is unwelcome." - President George W. Bush 11/13/2008

"The Price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

No comments: