Sunday, November 30, 2008

Finally giving thanks for the giving

Finally got this all put together. So I was able to make it home for thanksgiving, and ride with my grandparents down. Sleeping gets real boring quick when your not tired so it seemed like a really long drive. I have an uncle in St. George so we spent the night since it was getting late. We woke up early the next morning and headed to Rancho. Oh before we left spanish fork we ate at burger king, I don't think I have ever eaten there, but I ordered some hamburger with 4 patties and bacon, it was good. 

Anyway we make it to rancho and it is all overcast and cold, so much for warm sunny So Cal. Thursday rolls around, which is thanksgiving, and we were planning on eating outside. I went outside and looked around and it seemed that no had done anything to keep it nice. The hedges overgrown, rose bushes in need of pruning and fern garden growing out of control. So I hedged back most everything cleaned up and trimmed back (forgot about the rose bushes) and then it starting raining and pouring so we ended up eating inside for thanksgiving anyway.

I guess that after we eat thanksgiving it has become a family tradition to go to the movies. Now typically I prefer to sleep after eating, actually it's more like going into a coma as it is so hard to get me up. Anyway someone then had the grand idea of going to Twilight. I of course was not down and so me and some cousins went to watch Transporter 3. Jason Statham is prob one of my favorite actors. The movie had plenty of the stuff that guy movies are full of. (cars, girls, violence, and of course amazing driving that no one in real life would be able to pull off) After watching movie I decided that maybe a mail order bride from Russia wouldn't be so bad. (the girl in the movie was Ukrainian) 

As I walk in the door and grab something to eat on of my cousins tells me this story of how he jumped his car while off roading and got a flat and needed someone to go with him to change the tire and get the car, which ended up translating into me changing the tire while they watched. We took my uncles titian out and my cousin drove. Wow did I think we were gonna die, going 120 in a big truck we probably would have killed what ever we hit too. We get there and I change the tire as my brother and cuz watch. Once everything is all done we take off, this time I am in the titian and he is driving his car. 

I don't know if any of you have ever driven a titian before, they have tons of power. I was chirping the tires like it was nothing and if I would have gunned it, easily could break the back end loose. It was fun.

Friday rolls around which means time to go shooting. I haven't been in such a long time, plus with my new gun, I was pretty stoked. So we get there and the weather is amazing. Nice and sunny warm, too bad it was a day late for thanksgiving.  After some clay pigeon shooting and flying through 100 rounds with my gun we call it a day. After we get home and I show everyone how to clean all of the guns. After we are are all finished, my brother had set up this date thing with me him and one of my other cousins. We go miniature golfing and of course we are leading everyone, by a long shot too. Then about halfway through the game we take off and go watch four christmases. It have Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon, (which, by the way still looks good for however old she is and how many kids she's had). The movie was quite entertaining, I guess certain parts (one comes to mind) are pretty vulgar (way old lady talking about stuff she needs to do to her husband) so I would recommend not watching with the parents, it may get pretty awkward.

After the movie I grabbed some in-n-out. A 4x4 animal style (cuz thats how I like it), lite fry, and a choc shake totaling just over 8 bucks. We head over to one of my buddies house and just chill. We hear his dog outside, and it sounds like its either attacking someone or getting attacked, so we run outside and see this massive possum being attacked by his lil dog. All of a sudden the dog starts whelping so my buddy kicks the possum against the wall and takes his dog inside. The possum is freaking pissed and hissing with it's mouth open with all these sharp teeth. It was pretty intimidating for such a small thing. Soon after we head home. 

The next day at 8am everyone was downstairs for a birthday breakfast with pancakes and gifts. I got a pretty sweet rice maker/steamer (thanks mom), a gift card to Costco (thanks dad?), some push up things(thanks siblings?), and money from the grandparents (always a good thing, thanks). After the party and still half asleep it was time for us to go back to Utah, I jump in the car with my grandparents and one of my cousins this time, but we pretty much slept the whole way to St. George, dropped my cousin off, grabbed in-n-out for the last time (I got my usual) and then drove the rest of the way. Once back at the Omni, it was strange to feel glad to be back, It was good though to see I wasn't gonna be the only one home, thanks Skye.

No comments: