Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Too bad

The title is prob a lot more entertaining then my story. Anyway I finished my test last night and went to bed, after catching up on my simpsons. I awoke to my phone, which never happens, I am usually impossible to get up. Its an 801 number so I figure it's prob important, so I answer it and it's the provo police dept. Now my brain is trying to compute everything and make sense of what is going on, think of it like running the hurdles but instead tripping on every single hurdle, yeah it hurts. I am trying to figure out if I had done anything stupid recently or any tickets I forgot about, when she tells me that my car has been broken into and if I could come down to my car.

Now my brain is trying to freak out but I am so incoherent that nothing sinks in. I start thinking about my collapsable steel police baton and my brass knuckles which I have in my car, the whole time wondering if they found them and how much trouble am I going to be, while at the same time not exactly sure what is going on, it all just seemed to be a dream. I was almost thinking; yeah right this is not happening as I walk down to my car. I get into the parking structure and I don't see anyone. I think to myself what is going on and start to turn around to leave, until I see the police car, parked in the dark corner.

She comes over and explains everything to me as we walk to my car, everything looks fine, oh wait there is no passenger window. Of course my iPod is gone, thats the one thing she said was common with the other 4 cars that had been broken into. My iPod is freakin old, the old 30 gb from like 3 years ago. They left my Maui Jim sunglasses which where sitting right next to my iPod and left my 400 dollar radar detector attached to my window. She gives me some case number and that other fun stuff, that now I have no idea where I had put it all, and I go grab my vacuum to clean up the glass. 

Prob the worst part, not only did your car window and iPod get jacked, you now have to clean up the millions of tiny lil glass shards that the safety windows break into. I couldn't believe how much glass one lil window had, glass was everywhere, in piles. I thought the vacuum was gonna die from sucking up all the glass. After it's cleaned up I realize that it is now completely pointless to even lock my car, I need to get this fixed asap. I call up my good ol insurance, they tell me I have a 750 dollar deductible on my car and my renters insurance will cover any theft, but it has a 500 dollar deductible, so no money for me. Window $130, iPod $200, knowing I should have gotten an alarm system for my car, priceless. For all of the above there's Visa.

So I head over to the window guy, they tell me they can get a window by 3. I have class at 4, so that doesn't work. Tomorrow, yeah class from 130-930, doesn't work. Friday, nothing, works. In the mean time I have this plastic sheet thing to keep out the wind, water, and bad guys. Too bad that it rattles worst then a ran over rattlesnake (I really don't know what that would sound like, but if I were a ran over rattlesnake i'd be rattling pretty furiously). Too bad my radio sucks so I am blasting talk radio, just so I can hear it. Too bad I live in Provo.

No comments: